Turn your home into your dream home
If you’re thinking about taking out a home improvement loan, there are several options to consider. First and foremost, your mortgage consultant needs to know why you want a home improvement loan. Here are some factors to take into consideration.
- How long have you been in the home?
- Will the improvements increase the property value?
- Are you making improvements to increase energy efficiency?
- Will improvements be made in one fell swoop, or in stages?
- What is the current outstanding balance on your mortgage?
- What is the appraised value of the home?
- How much will the improvements cost?
- What improvements will be tax deductible?
- Do you have other revolving debt that you would like to pay off at the same time?
- Are you making improvements because you plan to sell the property?
Often times a traditional cash-out mortgage can satisfy your home improvement needs. Contact First Rate Lending to see which program is right for you.